Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm a big girl now!

Sooooooo I just spent an hour cleaning up excess grout around our gorgeous slate tiles that we purchased and put up and grouted 2 years ago! 2 years! It's hard to believe we have been in this house for 2 years and I still haven't quite figured out how to clean it efficiently, I have made strides especially in the last 9 months. So 2 very short years of numerous side projects and "lets do that next weekend, what's the rush?" later it's finally getting done. And all despite the fact that I have a nasty little stomach bug at the moment, which by the way really couldn't have come at a better time. It's funny how seemingly disgusting and horrible things can actually be a little blessing in disguise. Since my return from Vegas I've had a really hard time getting back on track with my diet and portion control and as a result gained a few pounds. So I'm happy embracing this bug as a means to shrink my extended stomach back to how it should be.
Now the exciting big girl part, I finally got a big girl interview! And it came from down the block and in the alley behind left field. I applied to a ton of jobs at St John hospital in October of 2010, back before I had even considered not attending graduate school, way back when I had no concept of what a resume should look like, and before I even knew what a cover letter was. Well I got a call yesterday to come in and interview for one of the many (no longer stored in my memory) jobs that I applied for. The woman I'm interviewing with did inform me that it was in patient care, so I looked up available jobs and saw the most likely candidate. If this is the job it would consist of showing patients to their rooms tending to their guests and family and basically being a nurse's bitch. I don't think I've even been so excited to take on the responsibility of being someone's bitch.
Hopefully not this nurse's bitch.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment