Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things are looking up

So I had an interview on Monday with family video... It went really great and so I moved on to take their employee "clerical" test. That test was daunting. I'm happy I still remember how to divide fractions and and work out story problems, so the math part was a no brainer. Then comes the spelling and word matching. I learned that I heavily rely on spellcheck. I have no idea what I got wrong on this test but I was definitely unsure about the spelling of a lot of words on the page. Also I am thankful that I took the GRE less than 6 months ago because a majority of the definition matching questions were straight out of my GRE prep books. So I did well on the test and now I'm just waiting for my final interview. Working for Family Video is not my dream job, but I've learned after doing some research on them that within a few years I could make just as much or even more than a job in my field. I'm anxious to get to work and earn some money for my household. But for now I'm enjoying the luxuries of keeping house and trying to make my husband's life easier. Which is why I just had to bust out some baked goods today.


So here is my Banana Bread recipe!


2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (I always use olivio to cut calories and bad fats)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed large bananass
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg

Preheat oven 350 degrees


Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, set aside.

Cream together butter and brown sugar.

Add remainder of ingredients into the butter/sugar mix.

Once thoroughly combined stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just enough to moisten.

If you over stir the bread will turn out dense and drier than it should.

Bake for an hour then allow to cool in pan for 10-15 min.




I've figured out that if you can make 10 slices a loaf, it's about 217 calories a slice!

Now I'm buying bananas every week just in the hopes that no one will eat them and they'll over ripen and end up baked in a delicious bread.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment