Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And The Job Search Continues....

So I've been stuck in a rut thinking that my resume was fine, my cover letters were fine, everything I was doing was great but people just didn't have any interest in hiring me. I was disillusion . I finally sent my resume to someone who was willing to be honest with me about it to help me out instead of just saying, "yeah this is great, I have no idea why you don't already have a job!" Unfortunately I read the message about how bland and unattractive my resume was right as I was trying to sleep. So I'm thinking I'll forget about it and wait until morning to work on it, but after an hour of trying to fall asleep I worked myself up to a full debilitating panic mode. I was freaking out. I'm thinking crap I sent this awful thing to all of these jobs that I really want! Poor me! What can I do about this?!
I am an idiot. I thought that for some reason my resume would stand out in a pile of hundreds because ya know I'm me I'm great I am qualified I am passionate. I realized that my cover letter and resume were definitely not a very good reflection of my awesomeness and what I can really offer an organization. I also realized how many dummies are out there like me searching through careerbuilder, indeed, michigantalent, ect. We are wasting our time. It is hard even with excellent credentials to be discovered.
I am so happy that I don't feel like one of those assholes anymore. Thanks to an excellent BLOG, a no nonsense friend, and the internet in general I am now miles closer to my career. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. My career is one of the most important things in the world to me and now I'm finally awake, alert and ready to fight for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment