Friday, May 6, 2011

the goings on

So yesterday was cinco de mayo, yay! Not... I was officially diagnosed with a severe case of TMJ by my brand new dentist who has one of the most bizarre dental practices ever. It is located in a renovated Victorian style house and the inside resembled a country cottage, plus there was an adorable cockier spaniel  running around the office. The dentist himself was pretty impressive he is not only a dentist but loves to dable in neuroscience and appears to be working on a self help book.


O and can I mention that the dental hygienist was pregnant, o and 13 people I know are also expecting. What is going on? I don't really know that many people but somehow 10% of the people that I know are knocked up     ( or have knocked someone up).

What is going on? Is this the age that everyone (married or not) decides to throw contraceptive to the wind and reproduce? Most of the pregnancies are not planned, or at least that's what these people claim. It just boggles my mind. How can it be so easy to get pregnant while supposedly taking precautions to prevent the pregnancy. Extremely healthy couples only have a 25% chance of becoming pregnant each month when they are actively trying, so it doesn't seem to add up to me. I've been "sexually active" for  8 years and have managed not to even begin to grow a fetus even though I've experienced a few slip ups. This is just blowing my mind!
In other not so pleasant news, I still haven't gotten a single call back for an interview and I've applied to ton of jobs. I thought that college was a good investment in a future career, but I'm starting to think that this may be some profitable lie that I and many other high school graduates are suckered into believing. I wouldn't trade my college experience or the many skills & facts I've learned, but come on. I thought that a degree meant something, I thought it meant I wouldn't have to worry about being able to get a full time job where I make enough money to get by. I thought it meant I could be selective and have a career that brings me a sense of worth, and is also monetarily worth something. I can't help but feel like a sucker, I'm coming out of 5 years of stress, anxiety, likely thousands of pages of reading, panic about assignments and exams, a sometimes stressful commute, sacrifice of social life, and of course a giant pile of debt, basically empty handed. I'm hoping that this is just me overreacting, I'm sure within the next 3 months I will find a way to make a living, but will it be a job that satisfies my need to help the community, will it be interesting and challenging? I'm leaning towards no. I hope I feel like an idiot a month from now when I'm starting a wonderful job that has meaning and look back at this pessimistic blabber and laugh.



Hoping & Dreaming

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment