Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One Week Later.

And it's still hard but I like it. This past week I've been back on track with logging my food and exercise with the wonderful LoseIt app. And I've been to 3 Bikram Sessions....

Height: 5'10 <---(I'm not so sure about this one anymore I feel taller!)
Weight: 179 lbs
Bust: 41
Waist: 31
Hips: 42





So I've lost 3lbs (now I'm back to my pre Family Video weight), 1 inch off my waist and a half of an inch off of both my arms and thighs. So total 3lbs 3inches lost but I've gained sooo much this week.
I've gained the knowledge that I can preform eagle and love it, along with the fact that I hate hate hate camel and every time I enter the posture I immediately feel like I'm going to puke!

I'm also starting to gain stability and balance in my life. For a long time I've tended to be an all or nothing type of person. This whole year has been about moderation and boy has it been a struggle. But yoga puts things in perspective for me. I've been thinking a lot about time spent exercising in the past and how I hardly ever enjoyed it. Most of my time spent exercising was filled with thoughts of: when will this be over? what am I doing after? why does this hurt so much? will I ever be "in shape"? I'm learning to focus on the moment and experience things and not always worry or fantasize about what's coming next.

I've always worried or looked forward the future. I've had my life planned out for years. Graduate, go to college, go to grad school, get a high paying completely enjoyable job (yea I know now that that doesn't exist), buy a big beautiful house in the suburbs, go on vacations bi yearly, pop out a kid (or two)... Wow. I've learned that life doesn't work like that. Just because I take the appropriate measures to achieve these "goals" doesn't mean that things will work out perfectly, it doesn't mean that I'll be a happy person. After an intense Bikram session I have this amazing drive home with cool air on my face and a lot of time to think. And what I've been thinking is SCREW THE PLAN! I'm learning to enjoy the things I have and the special little moments that happen to me everyday.

Bikram is changing the way I feel, the way I look and most importantly the way I think. I feel like I can handle anything thrown my way, but for the time being I'm enjoying my increasingly more "zen" life.


Namaste  "the spirit in me respects the spirit in you"

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment