Saturday, August 13, 2011

stop being lazy

So since I've started this new job at family video, I've virtually cut out all forms of exercise. I've been exhausted and overwhelmed. I'm having a really hard time going from being a housewife to a workin' woman. But I can not take it anymore. Most mornings before I would wake up and admire the progress I'd made and the new emerging muscle tone from the hard work outs I'd been doing.
I miss this so much. Most days now I wake up and pray that I haven't gained ten pounds from eating fast food or spending my free time cleaning and lounging on the couch. I'm sick of those terrifying 15 seconds I spend waiting for the number to load on the scale or hoping that my pants still fit the same as they did a month ago.
I feel it must be a sign that I signed on to groupon today and the first thing that came up was a $39 special for 2 unlimited month of Bikram Yoga in Grosse Pointe. I heard the message load and clear, STOP BEING A LAZY ASS AND EXERCISE!
Another message came along with it, see I've always been soooooo self conscious about exercising in front of other people especially strangers who are more in shape than I. You may find this hard to believe, but I am an extremely competitive person. I love to win and I hate hate hate to lose. I like to know that I am the best at what I'm doing in any given situation. So when I think of going to a fitness class, I tend to immediately imagine myself falling over or tripping or just sweating my balls of (yes growing them first then literally sweating them off) while tons of tiny people who are in great shape make me look and feel like an ass. 
I've been talking about signing up for one forever but with today's deal I could not find an excuse as to why I couldn't do it. It's extremely affordable, it's not too far away, they have a variety of hours and it only take up an hour and a half of my time to potentially burn 1200 calories.
Bikram yoga is neat. It take place in a room that is a minimum of 102 degrees and it's supposed to to great things for you health, flexibility, fitness and of course the scale.
I am excited that I will not be able to make up excuses not to go because I used hard earned cash to pay for it and I'm not letting it go to waste. I'm aiming for Monday 9am to be my first class. I'm planning on taking before pictures Sunday and blogging my progress for the next two months, just in case my poor self esteem or laziness creeps up on me. Sharing my experience will (hopefully) motivate me to keep with it and get back to my active lifestyle!
Much of the blogging inspiration came from  dailyrebecca. She's starting "weigh in wednesdays" and I'm gonna try to do something similar to that.


<3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'm excited to follow your journey! I'm getting my eating under control first but pretty soon I've got to get my ass back to working out! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you, Mo. I would not even have to balls to try this. You're a b.a. for doing it and I can't wait to hear about the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete