Sunday, July 8, 2012

22 weeks pregnant

I totally missed 21 weeks pregnant... My bad.

But I am now 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant today and baby is as big as a...

And she definitely feels that big! I feel all of her movements now and when she does a big flip in there it can't be ignored. She's kicks so strong sometimes it amazes me. She's also responding to outside stimulus. If I poke her with my finger and leave it there for a minute she'll kick me right back. I can literally do this for an hour and not be bored. She usually gets bored after a while though.

The big reason I didn't blog last weekend was because I was feeling horrible. I worked all day on my feet Saturday. The employee labor system at my work said that we needed 2 people in the store for 3.5 hours that I was there all alone with no help. I didn't have time to eat or sit or take a breather. It was so busy and no one could come in to help out. By the time that I got home my feet were swollen my legs were aching and I just felt like I had been hit by a bus. I had lots of pressure and some random pain in my lower abdominal area. The next morning I felt better, we spent the day at my in-law's house playing in the pool with the kids around 3pm I started getting rhythmic sharp pain right where I think my cervix would  be located and after we left it just got worse some of the pain was so sharp I had to verbalize it. Needless to say I was a little freaked out so I called the on call doctor and he sent me to the birthing center at St John. They checked me and baby out and everything was fine. The only thing that they could tell me was that my body was saying to take it easy and that it was probably happening because I was doing to much and was to stressed out.

I am sooo happy it wasn't anything serious. But it was a wake up call to me that I have been pushing myself to hard and that I needed to change something immediately. So.... After 3 more days of work I put in my 2 weeks notice. After getting off the phone with my boss who was not very understanding I felt an instant sense of relief. I am so happy to be done with that place. The pay was crappy for what I had to put up with there. And standing all day with no break trying to fit in time to pee, a sip of water and a bite of food when I can is not healthy for a growing baby.

Now that I'm officially a "house wife" again you can look forward to more recipes and some artwork being posted on here. I'm going to try to launch my own Etsy.com site to sell my watercolor paintings and prints by the time that school starts at the end of August. And my wonderful husband can now look  forward to a clean house and a home cooked meal every night again. Needless to say I am really happy about this.

After a week or two of slacking I've picked back up on my pregnancy workout before bed. It has been really nice I feel so much better when I do it.

Still no sign of stretch marks (keeping my fingers crossed) and my weight gain so far is 11lbs total. I've been really hungry and eating whatever I can get my hands on. This week I'm starting to refocus on my nutrition to try to keep my weight gain to minimum and make sure that the baby is getting everything that she needs.

Also as of last night I am officially sick. I've got some kind of head cold and I'm rather miserable today. 



Sorry for looking like a hobo but I'm sick and didn't want to miss another week of belly pics!


<3


No comments:

Post a Comment