Monday, July 30, 2012

25 Weeks Pregnant!

I'm 25 weeks pregnant!!! I can't believe how quickly it's going by now!

Baby girl is as big as a.....







That's a lot to be carrying around in my body. And it is definitely beginning to notice it now more than ever. Since I've been off work pelvic pain is way more manageable because I can pace myself and rest when I need to at home. In addition to pelvic pain I'm staring to get more shoulder pain I'm guessing from my outrageously large boobs and lower back pain to boot. I'm so happy that I am lucky enough to have a supportive caring husband who allows me to stay home and take it easy when I need to.

Another new symptom this week is swollen feet! It's not happening every day but when it does my feet look like they belong on another person. It's pretty weird. Previously being a smoker makes me no novice when it comes to circulation issues. Before quitting I would often have ice cold feet and "death hands" as we used to refer to the corpse like grip that would shock the people closest to me and then sometimes I'd have the opposite swollen hot feet. Weird and generally uncomfortable feelings that I've been happy to be rid of.

Besides my little aches and pains I've been a generally happy pregnant lady. When I'm awake that is. I've been sleeping 10-12 hours a night and still waking up exhausted. I can tell little one isn't short of energy though she's more active than ever lately kicking, punching and rolling around. I don't think her movements will ever get old I still get giddy about them every time.

This week my goal is to start reading the Bradley Method for natural childbirth. I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I do plan on going  all natural. I see a midwife instead of an OB and I plan to use the natural birthing suite that's available at St John's hospital. I want absolutely no medical intervention unless completely necessary and I am trying my hardest to prepare for this. I also plan to breastfeed and cloth diaper the baby right from birth. Most of my diet consists of really "clean" foods. I buy as much as I can organic and ingest/use chemical free products and I really want to do the same for my daughter. I by no means judge other parents/people for what they choose to do this is just something that I am personally passionate about. It also ends up being much cheaper for us. If all works out as planned we will spend between $1500 and $2000 less than families who use disposables on diapers. Plus cloth diapers are really stinking cute.

Big development with baby girl this week is eyelashes. They're all grown in and she's going to open those little eyelids soon. She's still developing her lungs and practicing inhaling and exhaling.

Still no stretch marks showing up, but we shall see. I'm getting itchier and itchier everyday. I've gained a total of 16lbs so far in this pregnancy and still going! I made it to the gym twice last week but I'm going to try to 3 times this week.

The belly is starting to feel so big!!! I've had a few people tell me I don't look that big for how far along I am but I feel ginormous. It feels like the tummy is a separate thing that's just stuck on there it's weird. The shape of my belly changes a lot too. Its been looking round on the bottom and top but kind of flat in the middle, I don't know if it's how she's laying now or what but it's definitely different...


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment