Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Pregnancy Fitness Routine


During my pregnancy I try to get in a walk with the dog at least once a week. While I was working I got my cardio in there. Now that I'm done with work I'm going to be hitting the gym 3 times a week where I use the Elliptical machine for about 30 minutes keeping my heart rate between 130 & 145 bpm. And finish off with resistance machines for my arms.


Before bed most nights I try to get some exercises in, here is what I do.



First off I stretch.


Then I move on to doing standing pelvic exercises....
I stand with my feet about a foot apart and stick my booty out then contract my abdominal muscles and pull my pelvis forward. I repeat this 100 times.

Next I do about 30 regular squats.

I move to the floor and start by doing the "butterfly stretch"


I bounce my knees up and down about 50 times.

Next I do an abdominal exercise, you start of sitting with your legs straight in front of you and your arms extended out toward your toes. Keeping your back straight bend your need to begin scooting your bum forward shifting between the left and right leg you take 5 paces forward and five back. It strengthens the back and abdominal muscles.

After that I do a reverse table top pose
 I dip down and up 10 times then on the 10th time I hold myself up in this position for a 10 count. I repeat this 3 times.




Next I flip my body over and do 3 different poses in a row. The first do I do about 10 times holding each one for a 10 count. Then end with child's pose. 



I lift back up and do this exercise extending opposite legs and arms. I hold the position for a 10 count and do each side 5 times.

Next I get up to do prenatal squats.


These are supposed to help strengthen your legs and pelvic area for labor. I do 5 of these holding the squatting position for a 15 count each time.


To finish up I do 20-30 wall pushups and then end with some stretches and kegel exercises.


And that's it! Sometimes I do more or less reps depending on how my body is reacting to the positions. I am by no means telling other people to do this workout. I think it's important to consult your Dr about exercising before starting a new routine.

1 comment:

  1. Prenatal squat looks interesting. I saw this once when I visited a baby bootcamp. There were like 40 women happily doing various positions. Obviously, some women could finish those stretches without a sweat, while others hardly. Thing is, never try to overdo things -- there's a baby :)

    Some of your readers might be interested what surgical mesh lawsuit is. They may use the given link.

    ReplyDelete