Tuesday, August 14, 2012

27 Weeks Pregnant

I am 27 weeks pregnant! And baby is the size of a....





And I'm officially in the third trimester!!! It's one of the good things about this week. There is an end in sight and I can't wait to meet this little one. Also if she were to be born this week or next she has a 95 % chance of survival which is quite comforting for me. New this week... I experienced Braxton Hicks contractions! I didn't realize what they were while they were happening but my midwife confirmed them at my appointed.

This week Nick and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary by dinning out at Roast. We got all dolled up, Nick enjoyed some cocktails and we both enjoyed the food. Although it's weird for me going somewhere and ordering a Filet Mignon medium it was still absolutely amazing. Here are some pictures we took with some really unique faces from Nick because he's sick of your pictures all looking the same....






This week her kicks have been big and her hiccups more frequent. Honestly having her in there doing stuff is insanely magical and awesome and makes me extremely happy. But I really can't wait to get her out of there.

As of this week my food aversions are back, but not as bad as they were in the fist trimester. My boobs also hurt something fierce again. And oddly I'm feeling bloated like I did at the very beginning. I'm gonna take a guess and say that it's probably because I've been much less mobile than I have throughout my entire pregnancy. Oh and here's why.....

It was confirmed this week that I'm suffering from SPD. SPD is a condition that is caused by a hormone that is naturally produced during pregnancy called relaxin. Everyone produces this hormone so that their pelvis/hips can properly separate when the time comes to push a baby out. People who suffer from SPD either produce to much relaxin or are too sensitive to the hormone. When this occurs your ligaments become much too relaxed in the pelvis area causing your bones to just kind of float around and rub against whatever they want and get completely out of whack. Which as you might guess causes quite a bit of pain and immobility. The good news is that most people who have this condition go back to normal right after birth or a few weeks after. The bad news is that I've still got potentially 13-15 weeks to go and there's virtually no treatment available.

As suggested I bought a support belt which tends to keep my pain level around a 5 or a 6 as opposed to a 7 or an 8 without it. Here's what is looks like...






And it's not very comfortable. It helps my pubic pain a bit but it feels really constricting and the baby absolutely hates it. When I put it on she usually kicks/punches it for 15 minutes or so.

So I started seeing a chiropractor Friday. I've been reading about the benefits of prenatal chiropractic care and I like what I hear. It is said to reduce the pain of labor, reduce the time spent in labor and reduce recovery time. Chiropractic care before birth also reduces your chances of needing medical intervention during birth. After two adjustments here's what I can say. The chiropractor makes every other part of my body feel better besides my pubic bone. So it's been nice not to have back, neck or shoulder pain. That's pretty amazing.

Back to my pity party. The pain and limited movements from SPD are driving me nuts. It hurts to even carry a laundry basket. And standing for longer than 10-15  minutes results in some serious pain. Walking hurts, stairs hurt, rolling over in bed hurts, getting of bed hurts, sitting on the toilet hurts, trying to put pants on hurts, you get the picture. The pain is starting to make me even more of an irritable hormonal preggo monster than I already was. And my house is spinning out of control but I pretty much only have it in me most days to clean maybe one room and the rest is just left to accumulate crap. I am so thankful to have a terribly understanding hard working husband. I could not imagine going through this pregnancy without him and I am insanely grateful.

Pregnancy fitness wise I am going to be getting much less fit as time goes on. I see my chiropractor/physical therapist wednesday so maybe they can give me some safe exercises to do. As of today I'm up a total of 21.3lbs and thankfully still no signs of stretch marks. And here's my belly this week...



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment